Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 20. Mai 2024, 04:39 UTC+2

Figurehead

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Web-Developer/IT-Systemadmin

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 00:04

There was a women in my live, who caused a lot of mental anguish and she looked similar like the women on my avatar. It was unbearable for me that my old avatar reminds me to (for?) all the pain i feel.

So I decided to start my photoshop and thats the insane result
It was a nice deviation for me. At the next day I-am y realised what i have really done 8o
but i felt a little bit better.

By the way i would never do such crasy act of defiance in a another forum .

Covenant Control

my memories are frozen
falling apart
my brains are broken
in the barren fields new domains
unveil where every impresssion
is a mountain to climb
put down my last defence floating
feeling the flow sometimes encounters
we touch like swords
but as the warmth comes
we fade desires remaining unspoken
the words are lost .
i want to close the doors
behind my bleeding back
and dance amonge the shadows
for future glory's lost

Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005, 00:54

I chose my avatar because any squirrel who eats Reeses Peanut Butter Cups instead of plain old boring peanuts is my kind of woodland creature!!!
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Freitag, 14. Januar 2005, 11:38

Zitat

Original von Figurehead
...reminds me to (for?)...

of ;)

Well, I really can understand you, if the own avatar looks like somebody, who has hurt one´s feelings, it is better to take a new one which fits better. And I really like it! :-]

Well, regarding my avatar... I would love to look like her, I think, if I did, I would have less problems with men. :D
Die äußerliche Anwendung von Lebensmitteln führt nicht zur Gewichtszunahme.

Samstag, 5. Februar 2005, 18:19

Nachdem ich kurz zuvor das Buch "Die Villen von Venetien" erstanden habe, hat mich die Architektur der Villa Pisani "La Rocca Pisana" von Scamozzi von 1576 inspiriert, so daß ich mich für ein Foto als Avatar (nachbearbeitet) entschlossen habe... ;)

Samstag, 5. Februar 2005, 19:09

guter Anlass, meins mal zu tauschen. ich kann das andere ding schon lange nicht mehr sehen.
Mein aktuelles Avatar ist schlichte Eigenwerbung :D

:rolleyes:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Claudia« (5. Februar 2005, 19:09)

Dienstag, 8. Februar 2005, 13:04

Find ich gut, Claudia, da werd ich auch mal "vorbeisurfen". ;)
Die äußerliche Anwendung von Lebensmitteln führt nicht zur Gewichtszunahme.

Freitag, 8. April 2005, 23:12

I chose this avatar, because I like how the photo of me, made by me turned out (damn, that sounds very inlove-with-self), influenced by... a Faith no more song...
house?!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »hypocrisy« (8. April 2005, 23:12)

Montag, 16. Mai 2005, 21:06

I think I understand the original question. Mine is a photo of me I took about 2.5 years ago. I just came back from a month in Europe.. (UK/Ireland/Italy) and really loved the look I saw on the cover of an Italian magazine.. and tried to copy it. I'm not as pale tho.

Here's the magazine picture.

I wish the dollar wasn't so crappy, or I'd be back in Europe for another month pronto!

Niki, I could not make out the Reese's in your squirrel's mouth, I just thought it was wearing some sort of tie around it's neck!

Evolutz

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: stud.iur.

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 4. März 2007, 23:37

finally I chose an avatar- I´d say there´s no need to explain why it had to be this
one (BladeRunner: the nexus6-Replicant Roy Batty) as most of the users who are
posting here know this feature and have been influenced by it (just in the same way as some well known musicians from Sweden).
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

Montag, 5. März 2007, 14:18

I like mannequins very very much... so, this is why I have their pic as my avatar :)
See the World in My Eyes:

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007, 00:02

I chose that avatar while listening to the Covenant bootleg from DNA-Lounge.

The Story behind: I WAS in San Francisco in 1997 and I watched that "naval air-show", and, yeah, I had a gread time in SF! :) :cool: I can't remember being at the Covenant show but some of the memories of that time are lost...
I took some photos of the "Blue Angels" which are very similar to my avatar. Thought, a pic of the Bule Angels' show in SF would be a good avatar precisely because of the DNA bootleg and "Ritual Noise" cover artwork.

@ Vorbedacht:
Oh - you've got a heart! :perfekt: I like hearts!

Marci

Schüler

Beruf: disposable office drone

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007, 16:47

This is a picture of me on New Years Eve at a club called Exit in Chicago. I never look good in any pictures, but I thought that this one was okay. It seems to have captured me in my natural state of depression. I was waiting for a friend. There is a bigger version on My Space page.
Loneliness is a Slow Poison

Donnerstag, 20. September 2007, 14:17

A few weeks ago I noticed that I like Avatars best that show an image of the users behind it. It feels like knowing them a bit. So I thought it was only fair to get an Avatar like that for myself. :)

Besides, I like this picture although I'm not wearing my glasses on it and that is a very rare thing. ;)
All things considered, insanity is the only reasonable alternative.

Donnerstag, 20. September 2007, 21:42

Zitat

Originally posted by kleineRatte
A few weeks ago I noticed that I like Avatars best that show an image of the users behind it. It feels like knowing them a bit. So I thought it was only fair to get an Avatar like that for myself. :)

Besides, I like this picture although I'm not wearing my glasses on it and that is a very rare thing. ;)

I like your avatar- I think it's a really cool picture and very expressive.

Freitag, 21. September 2007, 02:26

My avatar. What's there to say about a 3d-rendered fox with a metallic jacket?
"I will protect you from your visions, to save you from illusions. I will protect you from ideals to save you from defeats."
- Joakim Montelius

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »xonic-64« (21. September 2007, 02:27)

Freitag, 21. September 2007, 11:43

Zitat

Original von ilex011
I like your avatar- I think it's a really cool picture and very expressive.

Thanks! :D
I like your avatar, too. Especially those fantastic hair!
All things considered, insanity is the only reasonable alternative.

Social Bookmarks