Montag, 20. Mai 2024, 04:05 UTC+2

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: professional elektro-cutie/barcode expert

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 31. August 2007, 22:36

Zitat

Originally posted by ilex011
Ha! Whomever mentioned "worship"? Not I! This is Abba and not Kraftwerk after all... ;)

I definitely don't worship ABBA either. I've never worshipped any band, as a matter of fact. :-]

Zitat

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go harass Lush for not liking Bauhaus... :cool: :D :D

(just kidding, Lush!)

Right. ;) No problem. ;)
All you got is this moment
Twenty-first century's yesterday
You can care all you want

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 01:05

Zitat

Originally posted by lushmachine

Zitat

Ha! Whomever mentioned "worship"? Not I! This is Abba and not Kraftwerk after all... ;)

I definitely don't worship ABBA either. I've never worshipped any band, as a matter of fact. :-]

You know, I'm a pretty adaptable person and generally can take things in stride pretty well. Having said that, while the word "worship" might be a tad heavy-handed, I can't be certain I wouldn't get awe-struck over Kraftwerk!

Zitat

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go harass Lush for not liking Bauhaus... :cool: :D :D

(just kidding, Lush!)

Zitat

Right. ;) No problem. ;)

Hee!

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 15:08

Zitat

Original von ilex011

Zitat

Originally posted by kleineRatteWe are the non-ABBA-worshipping minority. :tongue:

(just kidding, Lush!)

I wouldn't dare to say something against Kraftwerk here. ;)
Besides, I couldn't blame someone who claimed Bauhaus made stuff for pseudo-intellectual adolescents. Don't get me wrong, I love Bauhaus and I like Kraftwerk, too.
All things considered, insanity is the only reasonable alternative.

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 15:10

Zitat

Original von Marci
:-] Thanks, Kleinratte. I feel so much better that someone else shares my opinion. Do your friends like American women?

hm, I don't know why they shouldn't... but I can ask them. Better safe than sorry! :D

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 15:13

Zitat

Original von lushmachine

Zitat

Does that mean you don't have got a Covenant altar at your home? 8o ;)

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 17:29

Zitat

Originally posted by kleineRatte
Besides, I couldn't blame someone who claimed Bauhaus made stuff for pseudo-intellectual adolescents.

Oh, you mean like Marilyn Manson?

;)

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 18:21

Zitat

Original von ilex011

Zitat

Besides, I couldn't blame someone who claimed Bauhaus made stuff for pseudo-intellectual adolescents.

;)

Exactly... ;)
Don't you ever forget something? :sch:

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 21:22

Zitat

My initial response was, "definitely not!" but how rude does that sound on the official forum? So just suffice to say that I have no altar's in my home at all of any nature. :-]

Oh, but I do have a rack of the CDs I don't file away into books after they've been converted to digital files. All my Covenant CDs (among others) are in that rack next to my turntables and mixer. That's the highest level of appreciation and devotion for any band in my life. :perfekt:

This reminds me, I should maybe consider selling my extra Dead Stars single. All it does is collect dust at this point.

Samstag, 1. September 2007, 22:42

Zitat

Zitat

Original von ilex011

Zitat

;)

Exactly... ;)
Don't you ever forget something? :sch:

Heh heh heh.

:D

Montag, 3. September 2007, 00:18

RE: More room for gossip!

I think Agnetha will never marry again.
She was 2 times married and had several unhappy relationships.
Once she had problems with a stalker.
For sure she is living isolated.

That´s maybe the price of her popularity. :mauer:

@kleineRatte
maybe you don´t need to marry an old millionaire, maybe you need only to borrow the rarest synthesizer of Benny and a nice Volvo to pick up Joakim ;)

....but I don´t know how to get Eskil and Clas in your garden. :(

Zitat

Original von Joakim
As far as I know they are all married, except Agnetha.

Benny was a synthesizer guru who pioneered many very interesting avant-garde machines. He owns some of the rarest and most priceless synthesizers ever built, but since he only plays the piano and the accordeon these days, he's lending them for free to various studios just because he wants them to be used.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »d_h« (3. September 2007, 00:21)

Montag, 3. September 2007, 00:30

Do you dislike the music of the late 70s?

How about Boney M.? :lol:

Zitat

Original von Marci
:!: I think that ABBA is mind boggling garbage. I cant tolerate them for very long. But, I have always been the black sheep. So, it seems to be that way again.

Montag, 3. September 2007, 00:44

First you wanna sell my bootlegs and now you wanna marry the Lady who I liked in my puberty? :nein:

;)

Zitat

Original von LePand
Maybe an affair? Or I can go to Holland and marry Agnetha...

Montag, 3. September 2007, 00:59

What should I say?
I have forgotten to mention ABBA when I was talking about wellknown swedish export hits.

Maybe there are much more. :rolleyes:

I can´t even hide me coz Black_cat has a picture of me :sch:

@Black_cat
btw do you have some more pics of me?

do you wanna trade with me for some bootlegs? ;)

Zitat

Original von kleineRatte
I see I have lost any sympathies at this forum for not knowing the name of one ABBA member by heart anyway. ;(
Maybe I should leave and hide somewhere until people have forgotten about me?
Change my nickname?
Get myself another personality and live in disguise for the rest of my days?

Montag, 3. September 2007, 08:26

Zitat

Original von d_h
@kleineRatte
maybe you don´t need to marry an old millionaire, maybe you need only to borrow the rarest synthesizer of Benny and a nice Volvo to pick up Joakim ;)

....but I don´t know how to get Eskil and Clas in your garden. :(

Excellent plan! :lol:

Oh, once I've got Joakim I'll find a way to catch Clas and Eskil as well, I'm sure. Not to speak of Daniel! If I got my garden ruined anyway I want some live drumming as well. Clas may busy himself with drinking beer and being handsome. :P
So I'll have to contact Benny from ABBA first. Hm. I don't know if writing something like, "Hi, I don't like your music and I forgot your name, but how about borrowing me your synthesizer? I need it to lure innocent musicians into my backyard" would work. :rolleyes:

Montag, 3. September 2007, 08:34

Zitat

Original von lushmachine

Zitat

My initial response was, "definitely not!" but how rude does that sound on the official forum? So just suffice to say that I have no altar's in my home at all of any nature. :-]

tztztz... :nein:
OK, I don't have one either. So far. ;)

Zitat

Original von lushmachine
This reminds me, I should maybe consider selling my extra Dead Stars single. All it does is collect dust at this point.

I'm already at the point where I consider storing double items at another place. If my flat would burn down I'd have my collection still. ;)

Montag, 3. September 2007, 08:43

Zitat

So I'll have to contact Benny from ABBA first. Hm. I don't know if writing something like, "Hi, I don't like your music and I forgot your name, but how about borrowing me your synthesizer? I need it to lure innocent musicians into my backyard" would work. :rolleyes:

Hahaha- perhaps he'd appreciate the honesty!

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. September 2007, 13:05

Zitat

Original von d_h
@kleineRatte
maybe you don´t need to marry an old millionaire, maybe you need only to borrow the rarest synthesizer of Benny and a nice Volvo to pick up Joakim

....but I don´t know how to get Eskil and Clas in your garden.

This sounds like some sort of intense, international scavenger hunt! But why are the steps to acquire Joakim so easy compared to the other gentlemen? ?(

There must be a witty t-shirt comment in all this. Like, "Volvo Gets the Man." But that's just my tired brain thinking after a few nights of partying and coming home at five in the morning. :tongue:

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. September 2007, 13:13

@klieneRatte

I'm relieved to hear you have no altar at home! That would be a very odd thing to explain to guests, would it not? Then again I keep a medical skeleton (plastic) sitting in my office window to scare my neighbors, so I'm not one to judge. :D

Yes, double items are a bit weird for me. I feel possessive of them for no reason, really, so I'm trying to share more. Of course, I think some I could not bear to part with simply because I'd not be able to cope with having no back up of.

Montag, 3. September 2007, 14:21

@lushmachine
"Volvo gets the man" works coz Volvo is one of the safest car in the world and there are some rumors in internet when girls are driving to reverse into a parking space....... but I am sure thats only rumors!!!!

But I am able to remember me when my ex-girlfriend was driving, I needed some kind of toys to be calm. :tongue:

@kleineRatte:
I think I make a fool of myeself but I really don´t know who is Daniel.
:sch: :sch: :sch: :sch:

Joakim is on synthesizer,
Eskil is singing and
Clas is on Computer and sometimes on drums

right?

Zitat

Original von lushmachine

Zitat

Original von d_h
@kleineRatte
maybe you don´t need to marry an old millionaire, maybe you need only to borrow the rarest synthesizer of Benny and a nice Volvo to pick up Joakim

....but I don´t know how to get Eskil and Clas in your garden.

This sounds like some sort of intense, international scavenger hunt! But why are the steps to acquire Joakim so easy compared to the other gentlemen? ?(

There must be a witty t-shirt comment in all this. Like, "Volvo Gets the Man." But that's just my tired brain thinking after a few nights of partying and coming home at five in the morning. :tongue:

Montag, 3. September 2007, 15:54

Zitat

Original von d_h
@kleineRatte:
I think I make a fool of myeself but I really don´t know who is Daniel.
:sch: :sch: :sch: :sch:

Joakim is on synthesizer,
Eskil is singing and
Clas is on Computer and sometimes on drums

right?

Almost right. ;) Clas is a regular band member of Covenant, but he does not join them at concerts at the moment. The "drummer" you've seen at the festival in Belgium is Daniel Myer who is replacing Clas at live shows.
Clas is the man who's face you see (more or less) at the top of this forum at the right.
Not knowing this is no reason to feel ashamed! I don't think a lot of people know what each member of a band looks like. :) I've seen a lot of concerts without knowing the bands nor their music.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kleineRatte« (3. September 2007, 15:56)

Social Bookmarks