Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2024, 00:50 UTC+2

Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2003, 00:47

Carnivale on HBO

i don't know if you get HBO in europe... if so did any of you catch the series CARNIVALE???? very cool stuff... just wanted to know your opinions on it!!!
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2003, 09:47

RE: Carnivale on HBO

I do not get it... what is the series about?

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2003, 02:37

well it is a classic good vs. evil kind of thing but you really aren't clear on exactly who is good or eveil or even if it's one or the other... it's all set in the depression era of the US (1930's) around a church on central california (near where i live) and also in a travelling carnival with freaks and tarot readers and a mysterious boss... one guy can heal the dead, but he has to take a life to do it...he has just discovered that the word avatar has meaning for him... it's really hard to explain, but hbo.com will probably release it on dvd eventually!!!
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Social Bookmarks