Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2024, 00:25 UTC+2

Niggels

Super Moderator

• »Niggels« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Veranstaltungskaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 18:29

Re: Mika - An idea for fund-raising...

Sometimes I'm an impatient guy and though I'm not sure if it's appropriate right now I somehow have an urge to spill the beans about the idea I hinted at in the thread on Mika...

I actually thought about organizing some kind of fund-raiser/charity event!

Well, some here may know that I'm not exactly Mr. Rich at the moment :rolleyes: and as much I'm willing to donate the little money I have, I just thought that my long-lasting experiences as being a DJ and organizing and promoting events could be useful to do something that has a greater impact than the few bucks I will donate...

Seren has said that there's no need up to now to give Mika or her financial support. The situation may change, though. And if it doesn't change, we could nevertheless put this idea into effect as we could donate the revenues from such a charity event to an organistion like Der Weisse Ring, a beneficient non-commercial organisation here in Germany which helps and supports in a financial, consultant, or juridical way people who became victims of crime. I'm sure there are similar organisations in any other country.

So, here's my idea, it's still very basic. If we join forces we could make the idea come true, and a success!
I know that quite a number of people here at the forum are also very active in other forums and mailing lists. Many people here have their own homepages or Myspace sites. Some of us are even part of the music biz or work for the media, and we have people who make their own music or are DJs, like me. So it would be easy for us, as a community, to organize and promote such an event! We have the manpower and the skills needed gathered here at the forum.

Such an event could have various forms. It could be just a party, it could be concert with a couple of bands. It could be a combination of both. And we could do this more than once and more than in just one city. Let's just see what's possible if we band together...

I started a new topic for this idea to discuss all that, and to keep the thread on Mika purely for her and her horrible situation...
I also started the thread in the 'Gossip' section of the forum because this section is not visible for non-registered members. It should probably stay here as long as it is just a rough idea, and may be moved later on to a more appropriate section when things become more concrete...

Comments and further ideas are welcome!

Niggels

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Niggels« (17. Oktober 2006, 18:49)

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 18:54

i think it's a great idea, niggels!

ShadowByte

Administrator

Beruf: Fachinformatiker (AE)

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 18:55

Zitat

Original von covenant_girl
i think it's a great idea, niggels!

It's a great idea.
For this reason i have pined this thread to keep it on top .....

Greets
Nichts ist wahr! Alles ist erlaubt !

Covenant-Forum.de

Facebook

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 19:27

That's really a great thing, niggels!
I try my best - as soon as there'll be something pointed out, fixed or whatever - to help as much as I can.
I have a couple of contacts to clubs, DJs and bands here in the area (and also around) and I'm sure they'll support this idea as well.

Bugs

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Freelance photographer/web developer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 19:42

Yep! Good idea.

Free bandwith, server space, DNS and promotion in Scandinavia are some of the things I could help out with. If remixes of songs, or something like that, may be part of the package somehow; I also have some very good connections with a bunch of artists through a certain label ;)

But lets come up with some specific ideas. I imagine some kind of online donation count and a simple site explaining why we are doing this and how to donate. But then we could add any kind of additional event or drive to support that I guess. It should be easy enough to spread the word and generate buzz and traffic at least.

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 21:26

even though it might be a bit too early, I wanna say that it is a good idea. I think aparty combined with a concert could be very good. Maybe we can additionally compile a CD with the mentioned remixes.

But whatever we come up with, I help to promote and I have several contacts to promoters and bands as well and I am sure there are some to help us.

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 21:28

I think is a fabulous idea, especially if it is a general ongoing thing that we do for victims of crime. I think it would be something Mika would be very proud that she inspired... after all, she is a NGO worker with a human rights organization.

As some of you may recall, Sam from IR started an anti-violence non profit - in response to his brother being attacked in LA on the Metro. It was very successful and I'm sure we could be just as successful.

I don't have any contacts in the industry.. but I am an ace at designing stuffs. I could help out in that respect.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »erichazann« (17. Oktober 2006, 21:29)

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006, 23:05

Great idea! I donate to Weisser Ring since many years and I really appreciate their work.

I'm sure that we can make it possible if we put together our skills and connections.
I can offer promotion through some myspace sites and various webzines, photography (if needed), grafix stuff as well, and I also could ask some friends and bands if they'd like to contribute.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Claudia« (20. Oktober 2006, 19:29)

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 09:11

RE: Mika - An idea for fund-raising...

Zitat

Original von FigureheadWe could collect a cd with a lot of mpeg's, every song is presented in the track-listing by one or more forum-members.
Erichazann or someone else could design a nice cover.

I think that is a really good idea. Any cover designer can use some of my tour pics, if you like. I´d send you the pics in High res than. At least something I can do.

Montag, 23. Oktober 2006, 00:25

When the brother of one of the members of Imperative Reaction was beaten severely last year they did a fundraiser for his recovery... I will talk to Sam (from IR) if you want me to... maybe he can give us some ideas of who to contact, etc.
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Niggels

Super Moderator

• »Niggels« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Veranstaltungskaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 23. Oktober 2006, 13:23

Very good idea, Niki!

I suggest though that we should put all ideas on a hold until we can be more sure about Mika's progress. That is, until she (hopefully) regains consciousness.

So far all costs are covered by Mika's health insurance and the Consulate. We have to wait and see if this situation changes. If all further costs, for example for rehab, will be covered too, then great! We could then do a charity thing to raise money for organisations like Der Weisse Ring.

LadyKomachi

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Operational Risk Consultant - professional pessimist / rational optimist ?

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 7. November 2006, 22:25

RE: Mika - An idea for fund-raising...

Niggels
I think that's a wonderful idea. Keep us posted on what and when I will see if I can speak to people at my end in the UK about giving their support.

Nxx
Falling out of cars and playing in traffic.

Social Bookmarks