You are not logged in.

Thursday, April 25th 2024, 1:51am UTC+2

Dear visitor, welcome to official Covenant Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

UH417

Professional

• "UH417" started this thread

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 3:28am

Primer on non-Warp 90's electronic music

Saw tihs and immediately thought how spot on it is, no fat included:
http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2011/…leased-on-warp/

Also, Turk Dietrich makes some cool stuff as well, if anyone is also tired of the goth thing...

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 6:22am

Excellent list! I'm surprised to find that I own most of it. Plastikman and Robert Hood in particular inspired me a lot. Skinny Puppy is too obvious to comment on even if I think "Last Rights" was the defining moment of the band in my world. The amazing track "Download" from that album still sends shivers down my spine. I would have wished for a less American perspective though, since a lot of interesting stuff was made in Europe. Daft Punk, anyone? !K7 Records in Germany? Ant-Zen? Cold Meat Industry of Sweden?

Oh well, we geeks can argue until the death of time over details, but the 90's was a decade of great experiments coming to fruition. The technology was difficult enough to to handle to encourage happy mistakes (remember, there were no nifty plugins, you had to figure things out for yourself and that rarely worked out the way you thought it would) and the record industry still had the guts to take risks.

UH417

Professional

• "UH417" started this thread

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 1:24am

No mention of Kompakt either now that I think of it!