Du är inte inloggad.

onsdag, 17. april 2024, 01:59 UTC+2

Kära besökare, välkommen till official Covenant Forum. Om detta är ditt första besök här, vänligen läs Hjälp. Det förklarar i detalj hur denna sida fungerar. För att kunna använda alla funktioner på denna sida, bör du överväga att registrera. Vänligen använd registrerings formuläret, för att registrera här eller läs mer information om registrerings processen. Om du redan är registrerad, vänligen logga in här.

lördag, 19. maj 2007, 06:18

Skinny Puppy

Citering

SKINNY PUPPY MYTHRUS Tour 2007

May 24th Santa Cruz CA / The Catalyst
May 25th Portland OR / Crystal Ballroom (Convergence Festival)
May 27th Boise, ID / The Big Easy
May 29th Salt Lake City UT / The Depot
May 30th Denver CO / Ogden Theater
June 1st Chicago IL / Houes Of Blues
June 2nd Detroit, MI / St. Andrews Hall
June 3rd Cleveland, OH / Agora Theatre
June 5th Toronto ON / Kool Haus
June 6th Montreal QC / Le Spectrum
June 7th Boston MA / Avalon Ballroom
June 8th Philadelphia PA / Electric Factory
June 9th New York NY / Nokia Theater Times Square
June 11th Washington DC / 9:30 Club
June 12th Baltimore, MD / Sonar
June 14th Atlanta GA / Center Stage
June 15th New Orleans LA / House Of Blues
June 16th Houston TX / Warehouse Live
June 17th Dallas TX / House Of Blues
June 19th Tempe AZ / Marquee Theater
June 21st San Francisco CA / The Fillmore
June 22nd Los Angeles CA / Henry Fonda Theater
June 23rd Los Angeles CA / Henry Fonda Theater
June 24th Anaheim CA / House Of Blues

Aug 6 2007 Tivoli Utrecht Holland
Aug 7 2007 Columbia Club Berlin Germany
Aug 8 2007 Klub Studio Krakow Poland
Aug 9 2007 Roxy Prague Czech Republic
Aug 10 2007 Sziget Festival Budapest Hungary
Aug 12 2007 Mera Luna Festival Hildesheim Germany
Aug 14 2007 Astoria London UK
Aug 15 2007 Academy 2 Manchester UK

Those are the complete dates for US and Europe.

Det här inlägget har redigerats 2 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "Vorbedacht" (21. juni 2007, 21:00)

lördag, 19. maj 2007, 12:14

buhuuuu, only one club show in Germany :o :o :(

lördag, 19. maj 2007, 13:10

BERLIN BERLIN WIR FAHREN NACH BERLIN :perfekt: :perfekt:

Evolutz

Mellanliggande

Plats: Hamburg

Yrke: stud.iur.

• Skicka privat meddelande

söndag, 3. juni 2007, 19:24

M´era Luna wir sind dabei!
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

söndag, 3. juni 2007, 23:02

Mehr als Mera wird bei mir wohl auch nicht gehen

måndag, 18. juni 2007, 08:49

Just came back from the show in Dallas. Will post more tomorrow. For now all that can be suggested is to NOT MISS THIS TOUR!

ilex011

Professional

Plats: Dallas, TX, USA

måndag, 18. juni 2007, 10:04

Citering

Originally posted by Vorbedacht
Just came back from the show in Dallas. Will post more tomorrow. For now all that can be suggested is to NOT MISS THIS TOUR!

Yes, you write the review- you are much better than I at these things! ;)

And I agree- this tour really is not to be missed. The show was amazing. :perfekt:

Det här inlägget har redigerats 2 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "ilex011" (18. juni 2007, 11:07)

måndag, 18. juni 2007, 18:50

As mentioned by Corey on the Litany.net main pageregarding the NYC show, there is a magic this tour that needs to be witnessed. I did not arrive early enough to catch Otto or the White Mice unfortunately. Raided the merch table at around 10:40. Before the show I was speaking with someone in an attempt to find out 3 of the 8 spiritual icons at the top of the stage. To make things weirder there was a very large hand-with-eye-in-palm image in the center of it all. Weird.

The show started almost immediately after I arrived. Ogre was hidden during Anger, Ugli, Dogshit, Pedafly, Dig It, and Fascist Jock Itch. Silhouettes were projected onto the veil on the left side of the stage. First a robed religious gesturing during Ugli, then a bizarre headressed skeksis-like figure projected during Dig It. Each time Ogre returned from behind the veil there seemed to be some modification to the wires and harnesses attached to him. At times he stared at the shadows of himself on the walls of the venue then proceeded to almost fuck one of the lights responsible. Ultimately appearing completely amalgamated behind a metal mask which was as cold and alien as it was human. At the end of the brap following Haze he merely stood there motionless until collapsing when the electronic improvisation ended.

Justin and cEvin really found ways to improve the dynamics in every track performed. New sequences, bass lines, strings, drums, all of which were executed with succinct brilliance. Both were having a blast. Ogre's vocals were also excellent. Shouting, singing, shrieking, this was the best vocal performance I have ever heard from him. I'mmortal, Politikil, Hardset Head, Amnesia, and Blue Serge were fucking amazing, all of the songs were, but those were the ones noticed myself bouncing around the most. All of the tracks segued perfectly into another. Fascist Jock Itch smashed right through near the last beat of Hardset Head.

During the show I started near the back, but slowly moved to the centre area near the front barricade. Surprisingly there were not as many violent assholes this time around. Only two who really fucking pissed me off after shoving everyone out of their way in some myopic attempt to get closer. Luckily they backed away (or were shoved away by the pissed off people around them) and I was able to enjoy the encore of Far Too Frail and Blue Serge.

On the way to home there was a heavy amount of lightning and rain, thought that was a nice extra detail for the night.

Det här inlägget har redigerats 1 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "Vorbedacht" (18. juni 2007, 19:23)

ilex011

Professional

måndag, 18. juni 2007, 23:43

Pretty accurate assessment, I'd say.

I was really surprised at how good the sound was. Shockingly good, in fact. The sound levels were consistent and there wasn't any feedback (that wasn't supposed to be there, that is. ;) ). Everything sounded very clear.

House of Blues is a classy joint though, and it's *big*. New-ish. The stage was large, with a videoscreen behind it on which was played... well, all sorts of stuff really. Meshed very well with the light show. To the top left and right of the stage were screens on which you could see the onstage action. This was really nice, because although Vor and I managed to sneak and snake our way as close to the front as we could with each song (managed to end up with about four people between myself and the stage- nice!), I'm not very tall and ended up getting stuck behind a giant of a guy, heh...

And speaking of the audience, it wasn't as... hmm... fractious as I thought it would be. I was prepared to be jostled around a lot more than I was, save for a couple of times there during the encores. But the mood was lively and good and enthusiastic. There were soooo many people! All over the place. Packed. We actually missed the 2 opening bands driving around looking for parking, it was so packed. But I understand that wasn't such a bad thing. Missing the bands, I mean, not parking woes...
SP started shortly after we got there.

Ogre did a superb job of drooling fake blood on-- I mean,-- interacting with-- the audience. He spent the night covered in all sorts of unnamed goo, dressed in harnesses, wires, tubes, etc. Towards the end he had some kind of gun that, when I saw, I thought "Oooo, yeah, a flamethrower!" but no, that was just my wishful thinking. I think V told me it was supposed to spew fake blood but I think it ended up just being bursts of air.

As V mentioned, Ogre's vocals were amazing, and the music didn't overpower them. He spent a lot of time running back and forth from one side of the stage to the other, engaging everyone in the front rows. And the headdresses/masks he wore were elaborate and super cool. He did spend a considerable amount of time behind the fabric screen that was to the front left stage and spattered with (take a guess) fake blood. Looked great with the silhouettes he was projecting from behind it- especially the bird-head during Dig It. I kind of wish he *hadn't* been behind the screen so much, actually. It wasn't detracting by any means, just personal preference.

cEvin stumbled a couple of times and hit the wrong notes at the wrong times, but it wasn't anything that really stood out, and it didn't trip him or Justin up. So, good saves. They just kept on going like nothing had happened. Which is a good way to handle it, I think... obviously the audience takes its emotional cues from the performers, so if it's no big deal to them and they recoup quickly, it's no big deal to us either. I don't think many people even noticed it.

All in all, yes- this show was amazing. By all means, if you can see this tour, definitely do.

Det här inlägget har redigerats 2 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "ilex011" (19. juni 2007, 04:19)

tisdag, 19. juni 2007, 09:17

that sounds soooooo cool! Wish I could see them in the clubs here and not only at an open air in half daylight... *sigh*

ilex011

Professional

onsdag, 20. juni 2007, 05:13

Citering

Originally posted by Black_Cat
that sounds soooooo cool! Wish I could see them in the clubs here and not only at an open air in half daylight... *sigh*

I've thought about that before and was speaking to a friend about it somewhat recently. I've never been to an open-air festival, except for a loooong time ago when Front 242 played Lollapalooza. Though I was thrilled to see Front, it felt very strange to be hearing this kind of music in broad daylight. 38C temperatures being it was summer in Texas didn't help either!

(Edit to keep this on topic: yeah, Skinny Puppy rocked last night! ;))

Det här inlägget har redigerats 1 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "ilex011" (20. juni 2007, 05:14)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Yrke: Veranstaltungskaufmann

onsdag, 20. juni 2007, 22:30

Citering

Original von ilex011
(Edit to keep this on topic: yeah, Skinny Puppy rocked last night! ;))

Tell me more!!! :cool:

torsdag, 21. juni 2007, 05:55

http://litany.prongs.org > Live Tour > Mythmaker Tour > Spoilers Forum

Many details there.

8)

ilex011

Professional

torsdag, 21. juni 2007, 18:56

Citering

http://litany.prongs.org > Live Tour > Mythmaker Tour > Spoilers Forum

Many details there.

8)

Aaaand I just noticed that we were so into relating our visceral responses that we completely forgot about the other details, such as *setlist* and how long they played, etc... SP came on at 11pm/23:00, and we got out of there at 12:45/24:45. I don't remember the setlist order, I never do. Vor...?

Det här inlägget har redigerats 1 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "ilex011" (21. juni 2007, 18:58)

torsdag, 21. juni 2007, 20:09

Oh, I have it.

Anger
Ugli
(brap)
Dogshit
Tormentor
Politikil
Rodent
Pedafly
Worlock
I'mmortal
Dig It
Amnesia
(brap)
Hardset Head
Fascist Jock Itch
Haze
(brap)

Encore:
Far too Frail
Blue Serge

torsdag, 21. juni 2007, 20:12

Also, the last beat of Hardset Head instantly led into Fascist Jock Itch. As if I needed further reason to jump around and clumsily fall over people… :rolleyes:.

ilex011

Professional

fredag, 22. juni 2007, 03:44

Citering

Also, the last beat of Hardset Head instantly led into Fascist Jock Itch.

That was *really* well-done.

Citering

As if I needed further reason to jump around and clumsily fall over people… :rolleyes:.

You were in good company! :cool: :D

fredag, 22. juni 2007, 15:31

"This show's dealing more with a character that I found myself doing when I first started touring with Skinny Puppy," Ogre says. "It was coming from a place of real insecurity and being looked upon and really judged and I was a lot more introverted, so I create a playground for myself to operate in."

fredag, 22. juni 2007, 15:42

Here are some pictures from show in Cleveland. It feels weird that this portion of the tour is ending in just a few days. It only started about one month ago today.

8)

Det här inlägget har redigerats 1 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "Vorbedacht" (22. juni 2007, 15:45)

lördag, 23. juni 2007, 05:40

Did not expect this to surface.

No comment.

Social bookmarks