You are not logged in.

Tuesday, April 16th 2024, 10:30am UTC+2

Dear visitor, welcome to official Covenant Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Manuel (EiD)

Super Moderator

• "Manuel (EiD)" started this thread

Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 4:50pm

Modern Ruin

... will be the title of the new album! :)

Source: covenant.se

Niggels

Super Moderator

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 7:59pm

RE: Modern Ruin

Hey, and don't forgot to promote the the great page on covenant.de in English language you created. ;)

Really cool - just listening to all demos of the month so far! :D

Vorbedacht

Professional

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 5:59pm

Very interested and curious...

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 3:28pm

Which label will Modern Ruin be released on?

Will it still be on SPV? Or with the return of Dependent :D, and the proposed "link-up" between Dependent and Metropolis, coupled with the fact that Met have released some previous albums, could it released through the latter. I already see that some of Daniels old Haujobbs albums will be rereleased via Dependent, as download and maybe on CD.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sheva" (May 19th 2009, 3:29pm)

Vorbedacht

Professional

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 6:31pm

Whichever label they release it on won't change the music, I think. Guessing it will be something like SPV (EU) / Metro (US) since they do a rather good job at distribution. From observation, SPV tend to be very professional when it comes to bands with sizable followings. Again, these are just observations from interviews with other bands on that label (-like Skinny Puppy for example).

When I used to live in San Antonio, pretty much every CD shop I went to had 2-3 copies of SkyShaper and 1-2 of the 2 disc version. There is nothing like that where I live now, but, at the time, I thought that was rather cool. Being able to walk across the street and pick up a copy on the release date instead of waiting for a package in the mail.

Homes & Gardens is going on Dependent because the old band member had the rights to that album, if I can recall correctly. May be wrong, of course.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Vorbedacht" (May 19th 2009, 6:36pm)

ilex011

Professional

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 12:45am

In addition to which label, I am wondering when the prospective date of release is. I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere; I perused the forum threads but didn't see anything pertaining to this. And I've been out of the proverbial loop so to speak. :rolleyes:

Vorbedacht

Professional

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 4:36am

Enjoy the calm before the storm.

TBA, so far.

SPV is still operational, apparently.

Other than that, not much to say.

8)

ilex011

Professional

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 5:05am

thanks, vor. you're always so good with providing info in a succinct manner. :)

Vorbedacht

Professional

Friday, July 10th 2009, 1:45pm

Stolen from a post on Litany:

Quoted

The SPV team is currently putting together a completely reworked release schedule starting August 2009. For the 25th anniversary of SPV there will be a sampler available plus new releases from ANNIHILATOR, THE MISSION and ICED EARTH in September; HELLOWEEN, SKINNY PUPPY, WELLE:ERDBALL and a new MAX RAABE DVD in October; DIE KRUPPS, THE ANSWER and a new studio album by KLAUS SCHULZE in December. All releases will be supported by substantial promo/marketing campaigns.

See? The label is still releasing music.

Vivie

Beginner

Friday, October 9th 2009, 9:37pm

Thx for your link ;)

medusarocks

Beginner

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 2:34am

Looks like Modern Ruin isn't the only album delayed by the troubles at SPV. The latest Skinny Puppy won't be out for a while yet either.

http://www.skinnypuppy.com/newsblog.html

Hope everything works out okay for everyone involved.

xo
medusarocks
…the end of our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time.

Vorbedacht

Professional

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 3:56am

Although, in the mean time, Skinny Puppy will be playing new songs on the tour, which is pretty exciting!

Plus there's new Download, Plateau, Bananasloth, Tear Garden, and ohGr coming out. Which isn't a bad thing. Heavily recommend the Sloth.

medusarocks

Beginner

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 4:54am

I sooooo wish I was going to see Skinny Puppy live, but considering the distance I would have to travel, I couldn't go to both Covenant and Skinny Puppy. Obviously I chose Covenant and don't regret it for a second. ;)

I guess I'll just have to be patient, though I've never been very good at that.

xo
medusarocks
…the end of our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time.

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 1:14pm

modern ruin is on pre-sale on amazon.de, quite expensive, hm they say it's an import. So maybe it's cheaper in the states on amazon.com. Yes, it is, but they also state it as an Import. So where does this record come from? The Twilightzone? Maybe it's the black hit of space that we've been warned about for decades...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "subetha" (Dec 10th 2009, 1:15pm)

Manuel (EiD)

Super Moderator

• "Manuel (EiD)" started this thread

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 2:23pm

Interesting, thank you, subetha! :-]

medusarocks

Beginner

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 4:03pm

It's on presale at amazon.ca too so I wouldn't be surprised if its on all their sites. Also kinda pricey, but thats to be expected here for imports. No details about a release date either.

Very curious, but I'm happy to see it. :)

Vivie

Beginner

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 10:06pm

Great, thanks for your link !

At amazon.fr nothing on presale at all, even for imports - that's usual, we have to buy everything abroad here -_-'

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 10:21pm

But it seems to be on the Megathon label (?) rather than SPV. Strange???

Hopefully someone will post something official here soon.

Vorbedacht

Professional

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 10:58pm

Pre-orders are placeholders from distributors in many cases, subject to change without warning.

Social bookmarks