Du är inte inloggad.

tisdag, 16. april 2024, 12:31 UTC+2

Kära besökare, välkommen till official Covenant Forum. Om detta är ditt första besök här, vänligen läs Hjälp. Det förklarar i detalj hur denna sida fungerar. För att kunna använda alla funktioner på denna sida, bör du överväga att registrera. Vänligen använd registrerings formuläret, för att registrera här eller läs mer information om registrerings processen. Om du redan är registrerad, vänligen logga in här.

ShadowByte

Administratör

• "ShadowByte" startade denna tråd

Plats: Essen

Yrke: Fachinformatiker (AE)

• Skicka privat meddelande

lördag, 4. oktober 2003, 13:56

To all english speaking Users

Hello !

Welcome to all english speaking Users.
It's a pleasure that you've found the way to the Covenant-Forum.

We know that you will find more Threads/Posts in german than Threads/Posts in english. We are working on it. :D

You can help us to get more Threads/Posts in english.
Don't hesitate to write an Thread/Post and we will do our best to answer to this.

We hope that we will keep in touch with you.

Greets

The Covenant-Forum Team.
Nichts ist wahr! Alles ist erlaubt !

Covenant-Forum.de

Facebook

Det här inlägget har redigerats 2 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "ShadowByte" (4. oktober 2003, 18:29)

torsdag, 16. oktober 2003, 08:48

RE: To all english speaking Users

Hiya!
I appreciate it a lot, to have the opprtunity to post in German and in English,I guess Swedish would be fun too... :perfekt:
Keep on going, sure a lot of people will be happy about this option.
Cherio

torsdag, 6. november 2003, 01:32

RE: To all english speaking Users

OK! Prata svenska!!!
Sing und schwing das Bein! Lass die Sorgen Sorgen sein!!! http://www.Jetteontour.de

celldweller

Nybörjare

Yrke: computer programmer

söndag, 23. november 2003, 07:12

well, I just think it's cool that you all would accommodate those of us who only speak English. :D

torsdag, 27. november 2003, 09:06

svenska

Hej Jette!
Kommer du från Sverige eller tycker du om sprak?Jag pratar bara lite svenska,men jag försöker at lära mig mer,men svenska är inte direkt en lätt sprak eller vad tror du?
hälsningar Michelle

ShadowByte

Administratör

• "ShadowByte" startade denna tråd

Plats: Essen

Yrke: Fachinformatiker (AE)

torsdag, 27. november 2003, 09:10

Oh no.

Please speak english. Not all Members of this community understand swedish.

:D

Thx a lot

ShadowByte
Nichts ist wahr! Alles ist erlaubt !

Covenant-Forum.de

Facebook

fredag, 12. mars 2004, 15:47

nice.
wwell,
house?!

tekno,mage

Nybörjare

Yrke: Semi-retired Designer

fredag, 13. januari 2006, 03:24

Agreed - I too am very grateful you accomodate us only-English-speaking people :-)

Danke für das, und für die Fülle der Informationen hier geteilt :-)

(I used google's online language translator to help with the above - so I hope it makes sense!)

tekno.mage

Rubicon

Nybörjare

Yrke: Guest Service Agent (Hotel)

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 17:09

Does Covenant only produce their music in English? Or do they also make German versions of it? Because from what I see they do have a significant German following.

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 17:16

Why shouldn´t the yhave German fans when making English music? They only did one German song... or Better a German version (Der Leiermann) of the song Like Tears in Rain

Rubicon

Nybörjare

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 17:26

That version of Like Tears in the rain is great. I have it on a burned cd but unfortunately that track is scratched. How can I get that version.

Det här inlägget har redigerats 1 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "Rubicon" (30. mars 2006, 17:26)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Yrke: Veranstaltungskaufmann

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 19:17

You are welcome to ask such questions in our Collector's Corner - would be great if that thread would be a bit more busy anyway. ;)

Der Leiermann was released as a single in Germany, instead of the Dead Stars-single.

Oh, and to answer your other question - I think many underground bands, especially electronic bands, have one of their biggest fan bases in Germany. Maybe because most Germans are rich motherfuckers who can afford many records and many concert tickets, so bands tend to tour here often which results in even more fans, and so on...

Just joking! (sort of) ;)

Det här inlägget har redigerats 2 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "Niggels" (30. mars 2006, 19:20)

Rubicon

Nybörjare

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 19:37

Thanks for the info Niggels :perfekt:

Id like to go to Germany someday.

If theyre into electronic music like I am theyre cool in my book.

Niggels

Super Moderator

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 19:47

Yeah, electronic music is quite popular in the country of Stockhausen, Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream. ;) And the country of marching music, I should add - guess a soft spot for straight rhythms in the German's soul made Techno huge here. :lol:

Rubicon

Nybörjare

torsdag, 30. mars 2006, 19:50

Germany has always caught my attention.

Id like to know more about it.

Im a New Yorker to heart though. :P

Evolutz

Mellanliggande

Plats: Hamburg

Yrke: stud.iur.

fredag, 31. mars 2006, 15:37

@Niggels:

Yeah, electronic music is quite popular in the country of Stockhausen, Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream. And the country of marching music, I should add - guess a soft spot for straight rhythms in the German's soul made Techno huge here.

You are so damnly right. Just take DM for example: I´d say they´ve got as many german fans as every other country all together....
And Electronic Music startet right here in the middle of Europe (Kraftwerk etc.)
Techno was born in Berlin. to be continued!
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

Niggels

Super Moderator

fredag, 31. mars 2006, 15:58

Electronic music and Techno have roots in other countries, too. Just look at the Britsih scene in the late 1970s/early 1980s with bands like Human League, Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Soft Cell, Fad Gadget etc. There was a lot of electronic music ranging from Pop to Avantgarde. And they had the Rave movement in the late 1980s.

And don't forget about other places like Brussels, Chicago or Detroit (and Sweden ;) ). All of them important places for the history of electronic music.

But it's true, in Germany electronic music of any kind has always been more popular than in most other places, and this country generated a few generations of bands and artists of that genre. :)

fredag, 31. mars 2006, 18:56

Hey. Don't forget NY! I feel that i must give props to my alma mater here:

New York does have a special place in the history of electronic music, but in a more academic sense, than a popular music sense. The Columbia Computer Music center was a ground-breaking institute in the 50's. There are probably older centers in Europe tho, but the CMC is the oldest in the US and has a quite impressive history. A short version is here... with a link to anecotal histories.. which are rather interesting.

Today we take it for granted (or don't even acknowledge the importance of) what lies at the heart of electronic music, but back then, it was a revolutionary concept.. to compose music in sound... the opposite of the traditional way of scoring, then putting sound to the score.

Det här inlägget har redigerats 3 gånger, senaste redigeringen av "erichazann" (31. mars 2006, 19:00)

Evolutz

Mellanliggande

Plats: Hamburg

Yrke: stud.iur.

måndag, 3. april 2006, 20:28

Niggels wrote:

"Electronic music and Techno have roots in other countries, too. Just look at the Britsih scene in the late 1970s/early 1980s with bands like Human League, Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Soft Cell, Fad Gadget etc. There was a lot of electronic music ranging from Pop to Avantgarde. And they had the Rave movement in the late 1980s.

And don't forget about other places like Brussels, Chicago or Detroit (and Sweden ). All of them important places for the history of electronic music.

But it's true, in Germany electronic music of any kind has always been more popular than in most other places, and this country generated a few generations of bands and artists of that genre."

@Niggels: Nevertheless: Goofy old Germany has always benn the core of this kind of music (I do kow about the roots in Detroit/ Chicago,GB;).

@erichazann: well, NY has seen some great moments of electronic music, too.
What about acid? As far as I can remember, it startet in the great apple.
And nowadays you´ve got "Fisherspooner" for example.
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

Redemption

Nybörjare

torsdag, 13. april 2006, 02:43

New York is perfect to represent industrial electronic music. This is Gotham City, Metropolis all in one!

Its a naturally born industrial city.
/Constantly in transit/
/We just want to go home/

Social bookmarks