You are not logged in.

Tuesday, April 16th 2024, 4:46pm UTC+2

Dear visitor, welcome to official Covenant Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 3:34am

The Genetic Disease: Early Eskil Side Project?

Hope this is the right place to ask this:

I was stumbling around the internet and came across this site, and I see this little bit:

This one is the former giants from Malmö, the Genetic Disease. From left to right:
Pontus, Erik (deRekum Trio), Daniel (Pores of Deception), Lirim (Institut), Martin
(Shift) and Eskil (Covenant).

I searched around for more info, but couldn't find any. Was the Genetic Disease a side project Eskil played around with, or some other thing that has nothing to do with music?

German translation / Deutsche Übersetzung:

Ich hoffe, dies ist der richtige Ort, um danach zu fragen:

Ich bin im Internet über diese Seite gestolpert und hab dies hier entdeckt:

Foto siehe oben!

Ich habe nach weiteren Informationen gesucht, konnte aber keine finden. War The Genetic Disease ein Nebenproject von Eskil oder etwas anderes, was nichts mit Musik zu tun hat?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "covenant_girl" (Aug 24th 2007, 6:55pm)

Friday, August 24th 2007, 9:38am

RE: The Genetic Disease: Early Eskil Side Project?

This was a sort of free-form industrial/improvisation live performance thing. There was a time in the mid-90's when a group of very talented people in Malmö, Sweden made a lot of cool stuff. The Disco Calculi remixes on the Euro EP were made by some of those guys, including the cover art for the entire Europa series.

So it should be seen as a supergroup of extremely underground heroes. Those guys made a lot of things happen that will never catch the public eye. Never the less they had a profound effect on our music. "Sequencer" would probably not exist without them.

I never got around to see any of their shows. They were really obscure. But all the people involved made great things on their own. Some still do. Lirim's INSTITUT is one of the best noise bands ever. Totally innovative and relentlessly hardcore. Martin's SHIFT is more eclectic and artsy, if that is a term that can be applied here. Erik's DE REKUM TRIO was probably the most interesting from a musical point of view.

Most of that stuff was released on super-limited tapes or vinyl. I don't know if it's available on the Internet, but if you feel inclined I recommend you to go looking for it.

Side note: if you look very carefully I wear a SHIFT badge on the SKYSHAPER promo pics. :perfekt:

Friday, August 24th 2007, 7:18pm

RE: The Genetic Disease: Early Eskil Side Project?

German translation / Deutsche Übersetzung:

Das war eine Art Industrial/Improvisations-Live-Performance-Sache in freier Form. Mitte der 90er gab es eine Zeit, als eine Gruppe sehr talentierter Leute in Malmö, Schweden, eine Menge cooler Sachen gemacht hat. Die Disco Calculi Remixe auf der Euro EP wurden von einem dieser Jungs gemacht, inklusive der Cover-Gestaltung der gesamten Europa Serie.

Somit könnte es als eine Supergruppe von extremen Undergroundhelden gesehen werden. Diese Jungs haben einige Sachen gemacht, die niemals öffentliche Aufmerksamkeit geniessen werden. Nichtsdestotrotz hatten sie einen grundlegenden Einfluss auf unsere Musik. "Sequencer" würde ohne sie wahrscheinlich gar nicht existieren.

Ich habe es nie geschafft, eine ihrer Shows zu sehen. Sie waren wirklich obskur. Aber alle, die involviert waren, haben großartige eigene Sachen gemacht. Einige tun es noch. Lirim's INSTITUT ist eine der besten Bands überhaupt. Total innovativ und rücksichtslos hardcore. Martin's SHIFT ist eher eklektisch und künstlerisch, falls das ein Begriff ist, der hier zutreffend ist. Erik's DE REKUM TRIO war wahrscheinlich aus musikalischer Sicht das interessanteste.

Die meisten Sachen wurden nur auf super-limitierten Tapes oder auf Vinyl veröffentlicht. Ich weiß nicht, ob es im Internet erhältlich ist, aber wer sich geneigt fühlt, dem würde ich empfehlen, mal danach zu suchen.

Randbemerkung: Wer genau hinschaut, der bemerkt, dass ich einen SHIFT-Button auf den SKYSHAPER Promo-Pics trage.

Social bookmarks