You are not logged in.

Monday, May 27th 2024, 7:26pm UTC+2

MozDM

Beginner

• "MozDM" started this thread

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 7:30pm

Aaron Sutcliffe

Does anyone here like Aaron Sutcliffe? Even though some may not be Elvis fans, I think that their CDs are worth checking out. I own the "Elvis" EP and Last Train To Salinas. I think that the voice of Johan Malmgren (Elegant Machinery/S.P.O.C.K) is amazing, and Eskil's music is so cool. It's just a neat idea hearing synthpop Elvis. For example, Eskil's music in Memories is so haunting. Yet, the music for Viva Las Vegas is so upbeat and danceable. It looks like that Johan and Eskil won't collaborate again for another Aaron Sutcliffe album, but I'm glad that they hooked up to make some really neat music.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MozDM" (Apr 5th 2006, 8:06pm)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 7:56pm

In only have the Fever single but it's quite cool! I guess I have to check out the other Aaron Suitcliffle releases to make my Covenant collection complete.

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 8:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Niggels
In only have the Fever single but it's quite cool! I guess I have to check out the other Aaron Suitcliffle releases to make my Covenant collection complete.

Strangely enough I was just thinking the same thing myself!!
I too only have the fever single, but it makes me smile - I like the quirkiness of the synthesis of styles - it's pretty cool!!

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 9:07pm

I like Aaron Sutcliff a lot. Hm... we shoudll ask our SSC guy here if there is something new planned ;)

MozDM

Beginner

• "MozDM" started this thread

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 10:42pm

I don't have the Fever single, but you have to love those big ol Elvis glasses for the cover artwork. That's how the artwork is like in the Last Train To Salinas booklet. Each song has a picture per page in the booklet. Matter of fact, those glasses are in the LTTS booklet.

There's a Sub Space Communications guy here? That's cool. I saw that Covenant thanked some SSC guys in the credits of Skyshaper. I saw in that group that they thanked Alexander "Hof The Man" Hofman, lead singer of S.P.O.C.K. I'd love to knokw if Johan and Eskil will work again, and even more, I'd love to know if S.P.O.C.K will ever release another album. It's been five years since they released 2001: A S.P.O.C.K Odyssey.

Back to Aaron Sutcliffe, I say that their CDs are a must have for serious Covenant collectors like Niggels. :0)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Wednesday, April 5th 2006, 11:32pm

Quoted

Original von MozDMThere's a Sub Space Communications guy here?

Yep! :D Come out, man!

Quoted

I'd love to knokw if Johan and Eskil will work again

A perfect question for our subforum Frage der Woche/Question of the week:
http://www.covenant-forum.de/wbb2/board.php?boardid=29

;)

Quoted

Back to Aaron Sutcliffe, I say that their CDs are a must have for serious Covenant collectors like Niggels. :0)

*looksinwallet* :D

Bugs

Intermediate

Thursday, April 6th 2006, 8:40am

Quoted

Originally posted by Niggels

Quoted

Original von MozDMThere's a Sub Space Communications guy here?

Yep! :D Come out, man!

Huhu! ;)

I think it's safe to say there's a new album release with Aaron Sutcliffe planned - just think of the name and you'll know what's missing ;)
It may not be a physical product though.

Quoted

Quoted

*looksinwallet* :D

Of course it's a must - it's brilliant!

We should still have albums in stock, or you can just buy the MP3s - available at "midprice":
Last train to Salinas
Blue Christmas <= Free!

Evolutz

Intermediate

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 9:14pm

Elvis?

Who is Elvis? is it a singer/songwriter? ?(
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

Monday, April 10th 2006, 9:56am

I gues you heard of Elvis Presley once in your life? 8o

Evolutz

Intermediate

Monday, April 10th 2006, 4:56pm

Elvis the Presley

"j"ust kidding :)

"Who ist Elvis" is an old techno-track
"I myself am pursueing the same instinctive course as the veriest human animal you can think of - I am however young, starring at particles of light in the midst of great darkness." (John Keats)

Social bookmarks