Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2024, 05:10 UTC+2

Freitag, 22. April 2005, 22:44

VNV Nation Live in North America - 2005

Here are the dates... I will probably be at the two shows in San Francisco (one of them with my 5 year old daughter!) If you get the chance to see them in Los Angeles - do it! The Avalon is the coolest club ever!!! I was there to see VNV on New Years Eve!

VNV NATION FORMATION TOUR 2005 - NORTH AMERICA
with special guests Imperative Reaction and Soman

May 06 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 07 - Tampa, FL @ The Masquerade - On Sale: Now
May 09 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 11 - Atlanta, GA @ Earthlink Live - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 12 - Nashville, TN @ Exit/In - On Sale: 3/26/05
May 13 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues (18+) - On Sale: 3/26/05
May 14 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa - On Sale: 3/24/05
May 15 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Ballroom (17+) - On Sale: 3/26/05
May 17 - Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 18 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues * - On Sale: 3/18/05
May 19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Avalon * - On Sale: 3/18/05
May 20 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B * (21+) - On Sale: 3/18/05
May 21 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore * - On Sale: 3/27/05
May 22 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore * - On Sale: 3/27/05
May 24 - Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theatre - On Sale: 3/26/05
May 25 - Vancouver, BC CAN @ Commodore Ballroom (19+) - On Sale:
3/25/05
May 26 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox - On Sale: 3/26/05
May 28 - Edmonton, AB CAN @ Starlite Room (18+) - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 29 - Calgary, AB CAN @ The Whiskey (18+) - On Sale: 3/25/05
May 31 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Lo-Fi Café - On Sale: 3/25/05
Jun 01 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 02 - Kansas City, MO @ Madrid - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 03 - Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line Music Cafe (18+) - On Sale:
3/26/05
Jun 04 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 06 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues (18+) - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 07 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues - On Sale: 3/30/05
Jun 08 - Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theater - On Sale: 3/25/05
Jun 09 - Toronto, ON CAN @ The Phoenix - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 10 - Montréal, QC CAN @ Spectrum - On Sale: 3/25/05
Jun 12 - Boston, MA @ Axis (18+) - On Sale: 3/26/05
Jun 14 - Covington, KY @ Madison Theatre - On Sale: 3/30/05
Jun 15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero - On Sale:3/23/05
Jun 16 - Washington, DC @ Nation (18+) - On Sale: Now
Jun 17 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza * - On Sale: 4/01/05
Jun 18 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza * - On Sale: 4/01/05
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Montag, 23. Mai 2005, 22:16

Hello All!!!

Just back to the computer after my crazy VNV Nation weekend (Sat and Sun nights... 160 km back and forth each day!) After much stress about getting to the show (finally went with the friend of a friend)Matea went to her first show ever on Saturday night and got to meet Mark before the show... went right up to him and introduced herself! Ronan saw her in the balcony during the show along with another little girl and put the spotlight on them while he said hello... she is still talking about it and singing "Homeward" to anyone who will listen! The Sunday show was amazing... I took the new person I am dating (who had never been to a VNV show) and we had a great time... saw Mark before the show and had Mark and Ronan sign the handwritten setlists that I had made during the two shows (those are going into Matea's scrapbook!)... picked up an official setlist for the Sunday show but due to technical problems (about which Ronan said "It's a VNV Nation show, when have you ever been to a VNV nation show where there WASN'T a f**k up?") there is a change to the official setlist... here they are:

Saturday

Intro
Chrome
Joy
Darkangel
Arena
Fearless
Entropy
Endless Skies
Legion (Anachron from Burning Empires)
Kingdom
Honour 2003
ENCORE 1
Homeward
Solitary
Perpetual
ENCORE 2
Airships
Lightwave

Sunday - Official
Intro
Chrome
Epicentre
Genesis (Radio)
Arena
Frika
Saviour (Vox)*
Further
Procession
Standing (Motion)
ENCORE 1
Homeward
Distant/Rubicon
Perpetual
ENCORE 2
Holding On
Beloved
ENCORE 3
Electronaut

*Due to a technical glitch Saviour was not played during the set but was instead played for the 3rd Encore and Electronaut was dropped... oh well...
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA

Montag, 23. Mai 2005, 23:51

Thanks for the report Niki... I'm guessing you went to the shows at the Fillmore? The VNV website says there are different setlists for the SF, So Cal and NYC shows.... Anyword on what is so special or different about this setlist? compared to the normal one. I wonder if the double SF show might be the same as the double NYC one, now.

Up until last week, I was also seriously considering flying to Montreal for a vacation and taking in the VNV show also, but probably can't now :(

Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005, 01:08

yes i was at the fillomre shows... well as you can see the setlists between the two nights was very different, alot more from the new cd on saturday and then alot more older stuff on sunday (including Frika, which was amazing!)... I heard that they played "Cold" in anaheim... i really wish i could have seen that since it is one of my favorites... i have not seen the setlists from other shows here in the states... if you can i would go to both NYC shows since you will have a better chance to hear the songs that you want to hear... then you will have to report the setlists!!!
Niki

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 00:43

here is a shot of matea at the show!!!
»niki_6784« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • 100_0208smaller still.jpg
Niki

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »niki_6784« (26. Mai 2005, 00:47)

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 00:52

and one more shot of Matea... someday she will smile like a normal human!!!
»niki_6784« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • 100_0201 smaller still.jpg
Niki

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005, 02:08

i love the shirt
... hello kitty rulez :D
...::: ABSOULUT Gina :::...

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005, 08:04

Zitat

Originally posted by niki_6784
yes i was at the fillomre shows... well as you can see the setlists between the two nights was very different, alot more from the new cd on saturday and then alot more older stuff on sunday (including Frika, which was amazing!)... I heard that they played "Cold" in anaheim... i really wish i could have seen that since it is one of my favorites... i have not seen the setlists from other shows here in the states... if you can i would go to both NYC shows since you will have a better chance to hear the songs that you want to hear... then you will have to report the setlists!!!

Allo!

They did indeed play "Cold" in Anaheim and it was amazing! In San Diego, they did "Airships" live for the first time which just blew me away. Opted out of the Hollywood show due to having to be to work at 6am the next day (I hate being an adult sometimes) but had a great time at the shows I did attend.

I was able to meet Mark and Ronan after the Anaheim show and talked a bit of footy with Ronan after the San Diego show which made the trip down totally worth it. They are both such sweet guys!

When I'm back on the other computer, I'll have to post a pic or two :D
"Manchmal wünsch ich mir..."

Sonntag, 19. Juni 2005, 12:36

RE: VNV Nation Live in North America - 2005

hey niki!

I just got home.. at about 5am! I'll have your setlists just as soon as I can remember/read my notes, etc.

They filmed both shows tho. Friday was less crowded, tonight was pretty packed.

Tonight there was an After The Tour Party at Albion/Batcave where Ronan and Mark showed up to sign autographs and hang out. I bought another M+F CD at the show to get autographed. My picture w/ Mark came out like shite, but dancing on the same dance floor with VNV makes up for that! ;:D

Friday there was a condom ballloon being volleyed around the audience and it made it's way up to the stage... which lead to:

"Oooh, it's ribbed for pleasure..." [Ronan flies the condom blimp through the air] "We should use this when we play Airships."

Tonight the goofing continued with the "Mexican Wave". I've never actually heard it referred to as such tho.

& Ronan announced Holding On in the second encore with:

"VNV Nation, getting woman to love women."

More later. .. i need to sleep.

I also picked up the latest Imperative Reaction CD and got them to autograph when they were working the merch booth. They are so nice!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »erichazann« (19. Juni 2005, 12:38)

Dienstag, 21. Juni 2005, 00:17

I was at the June 4th show in Milwaukee, WI

Have acouple photos (although blurry :( ) at my photobucket account here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y274/altruismisdead/

Then I also have this really awesome video clip (not blurry) of them in concert which I took with my digital cam. It has Ron Harris on stage while the VNV Nation video is playing behind him which forms out and the crowd is going nuts. Really awesome, too bad I have no where to upload it

Dienstag, 21. Juni 2005, 20:49

RE: VNV Nation Live in North America - 2005

niki. got this from a guy i stood next to.

Chrome
Epicentre
Dark Angel
Arena
Fearless
Entropy
Endless Skies
Further
Kingdom
Perpetual

Encore1:
Homeward
Rubicon
Honour 2003

Encore2:
Airships
Lightwave

Chrome
Dark Angel
Procession
Arena
Genesis
Saviour (vox)
Legion
Standing
Joy
Perpetual

Encore1:
Homeward
Solitary
Holding on

Encore2:
Beloved
Electronaut

I dont think the order is correct on the encores on the second night tho. I will match it up with mine tonight and edit.

Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005, 07:51

you got to hear airship *envies*

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 04:01

Zitat

Originally posted by nachtwandler

yes it was actually very cool... they played it night #1 in San francisco....
Niki

Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2005, 07:42

i can still hope they'll play it at m'era luna!
.. and i'm still thinking about going to italy in september :D

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 00:02

Zitat

Originally posted by nachtwandler

The shows were recorded so maybe it will be on the next DVD! :)

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 07:30

that's not quite the same as being there when it is played...

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 09:34

Being there is always the best thing to catch the special mood. I LOVE concerts. :-]
Die äußerliche Anwendung von Lebensmitteln führt nicht zur Gewichtszunahme.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2005, 10:02

me too
... which is why i went to see quite a few of the formation tour concerts in germany in march / april 8) 8)

Social Bookmarks