Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2018, 04:05 UTC+2

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: official Covenant Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

21

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 00:08

Zitat

Originally posted by lushmachine

Zitat

Originally posted by xonic-64
I've never converted my entire CD collection to digital files since I only have a 30 gig hard drive and a 1 gig Creative Zen.


Ah, well, if you ever decide to do so I recommend one of these external drive to store it onto, but it's best to keep them in multiple smaller drives rather than everything on just one huge one. :D


I don't have the funds to buy a library of small drives, so I'll just go with a big one, if I am ever to invest in an external hard drive.
"I will protect you from your visions, to save you from illusions. I will protect you from ideals to save you from defeats."
- Joakim Montelius



22

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 00:30

Yes lushmaschine thats a very good advice to buy smaller hds coz I lost 500gb of Depeche Mode bootlegs coz I have bought a big extern HD which was damaged after a very short time and I was so stupid not to archive the videos at DVDs and so I lost very very rare interviews. :mauer:

Maybe it is better to use 2X 250gb than to use 1X 500gb

I use a no-name mp3 player which has a memory of 20gb and i waste all my time looking which song I like to hear :(

1 gb is really enough for a mp3 player.

Zitat

Original von lushmachine

Zitat

Originally posted by xonic-64
I've never converted my entire CD collection to digital files since I only have a 30 gig hard drive and a 1 gig Creative Zen.


Ah, well, if you ever decide to do so I recommend one of these external drive to store it onto, but it's best to keep them in multiple smaller drives rather than everything on just one huge one. :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »d_h« (16. September 2007, 00:31)


lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

Beiträge: 304

Beruf: professional elektro-cutie/barcode expert

  • Nachricht senden

23

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 00:40

Zitat

Originally posted by xonic-64
I don't have the funds to buy a library of small drives, so I'll just go with a big one, if I am ever to invest in an external hard drive.


On this subject, when I say small, I mean 250-500GB. But I completely understand an issue of funds. Everyone's situtation is different. :-]

I have my music on three, for instance, because I'm neurotic about data loss and parts of my collection are backed up on more than one drive. Before all this was possible I was not dealing well with the space this all took up.

To touch back on the subject, I fully agree that listening to a broad spectrum of artists and genres will positively influence artists in the crafting of their music. I imagine that I've not gotten bored with Covenant music because they really do create something new and unique while also keeping ears open to the rest of the music world. Although I won't mention names, some popular bands just sound too formulaic for my tastes while a few others are so into going against the mainstream that they become self-indulgent beyond reach of their market.
All you got is this moment
Twenty-first century's yesterday
You can care all you want

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

Beiträge: 304

Beruf: professional elektro-cutie/barcode expert

  • Nachricht senden

24

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 00:51

Zitat

Originally posted by d_h
Yes lushmaschine thats a very good advice to buy smaller hds coz I lost 500gb of Depeche Mode bootlegs coz I have bought a big extern HD which was damaged after a very short time and I was so stupid not to archive the videos at DVDs and so I lost very very rare interviews. :mauer:


That's exactly the meaning behind my madness, so to speak. Data loss is the ultimate paranoia so quality is better than quantity in this case. :)

Zitat

Maybe it is better to use 2X 250gb than to use 1X 500gb


Precisely my argument on the matter. :-]

Zitat

I use a no-name mp3 player which has a memory of 20gb and i waste all my time looking which song I like to hear :(

1 gb is really enough for a mp3 player.


I've been wanting to invest in an iPod shuffle for that very reason. My iPod is well organized but I must do it manually rather than utilize the software, which is a pain at that range of data. Maybe some day I'll stop going dancing so often and use the money I save to buy one? It's unlikely to happen but a very nice idea in my head. ;)
All you got is this moment
Twenty-first century's yesterday
You can care all you want

25

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 01:01

I listen to a lot of different music myself. Although being a huge fan of electronic music, right now I'm listening to psychedelic rock.

And I understand how data loss feels. I can't tell you how many times my hard drive has crashed and I didn't make a backup so tons of the original projects I made has been lost forever.

Either way, I'm probably going to invest in either a larger internal hard drive or a big external one. Either way, buying 2 just seems to expensive for me at the moment of writing.

"I will protect you from your visions, to save you from illusions. I will protect you from ideals to save you from defeats."
- Joakim Montelius



26

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 01:48

Zitat

Originally posted by lushmachine
Also made me sad I didn't go see Green Velvet/Cajmere (again) tonight ... he's been a tremendous inspiration to me in my life and is an amazing person. Lucky me that he's always putting on shows at a nearby club but unfortunately the crowd that goes there is rather unfriendly and intolerant, which is why I opted to play at my usual spot instead.


Lucky you indeed! Next time you meet him, tell him thanks from Covenant for inspiration and great music. In my ears he pretty much invented the concept and the sound of the hardcore end of electroclash. Flash is a perfect example: humour, hedonism, decadence and an ironic bite.

And just a couple of years after that we get "LaLaLand"; a scary tale but still with a sense of humour and irony.

I like him for his sounds and beats (oh yeah, the beats!), his vocal delivery and his fearless straightforwardness.

lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

Beiträge: 304

Beruf: professional elektro-cutie/barcode expert

  • Nachricht senden

27

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 03:16

Zitat

Originally posted by Joakim
Lucky you indeed! Next time you meet him, tell him thanks from Covenant for inspiration and great music. In my ears he pretty much invented the concept and the sound of the hardcore end of electroclash. Flash is a perfect example: humour, hedonism, decadence and an ironic bite.

And just a couple of years after that we get "LaLaLand"; a scary tale but still with a sense of humour and irony.

I like him for his sounds and beats (oh yeah, the beats!), his vocal delivery and his fearless straightforwardness.


Oh, absolutely! The man's creative mind is so amazing that even when having a simple conversation with him, one can feel this beneath his surface. Also, an amazing smile and a good dose of humility. Lovely! I can never go to one of his shows without dancing the entire time. :)

Not to mention that if at all possible, I'll ask him to the next show Covenant does in Chicago. :D
All you got is this moment
Twenty-first century's yesterday
You can care all you want

28

Sonntag, 16. September 2007, 13:08

I should check this artist out, he sounds interesting.
"I will protect you from your visions, to save you from illusions. I will protect you from ideals to save you from defeats."
- Joakim Montelius



lushmachine

Fortgeschrittener

Beiträge: 304

Beruf: professional elektro-cutie/barcode expert

  • Nachricht senden

29

Dienstag, 18. September 2007, 05:45

Zitat

Originally posted by xonic-64
I should check this artist out, he sounds interesting.


Yes, you should! He's an inspiration to many music lovers, I believe. :-]
All you got is this moment
Twenty-first century's yesterday
You can care all you want

30

Dienstag, 18. September 2007, 13:42

Zitat

Originally posted by lushmachine

Zitat

Originally posted by xonic-64
I should check this artist out, he sounds interesting.


Yes, you should! He's an inspiration to many music lovers, I believe. :-]


I had other inspirations, but I guess he's just one of those people then.
"I will protect you from your visions, to save you from illusions. I will protect you from ideals to save you from defeats."
- Joakim Montelius



Social Bookmarks