Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Montag, 29. April 2024, 08:23 UTC+2

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 20:32

Tempe AZ show - UPDATE: I made it! Pics and stuff! - 2nd Update: Found missing song on list

I noticed that this show was added about midway through the tour, just a few shows before the San Deigo stop. I wasn't planning on Covenant coming within 100 miles of where I live for a show, but now that they are, I'm desperate to go, and wanted to know: Have they got a fan for the camera bit for their live tour for this show? I know the show is today, but I'm broke, all my friends are broke, and I can think of no other way to get into the show minus standing outside with a sign asking for a ticket or $20 to get in. Like I said, I know this is last minute, but I didn't know about the show until a week ago and rechecked their schedule to confirm it. I checked when they announced the tour, and Tempe was not a stop so I didn't bother to follow the tour dates anymore. Then I saw a poster in the men's bathroom at a Thrice show I went to last week and freaked out. Thrice was my last $25. :schimpf: So here I am, broke, no ticket for Covenant, trying to figure something out. If anyone can think of something short of standing outside the show with a sign begging for money or a ticket to the show (which I already plan to do), please let me know. Thanks.

Oh, and yes, I'm a huge fan of Covenant, and the fact they have IR playing with them, just sweetens the deal even more. :perfekt:
Fave bands (no particular order): Covenant, VNV Nation, Imperative Reaction, Funker Vogt, God Module, Backandtotheleft, Assemblage 23, more to be added once I get around to it. Oh and Covenant was put first since of course, this is the Covenant forum.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cynagen« (20. Oktober 2006, 07:46)

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 20:49

RE: Tempe AZ show

You would have to email gofilm@covenant.se and ask if they have a person.

Good luck!

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 21:15

Yeah, they said email way before the tour started so they could make the list before hand. I was thinking about mailing in in case they stopped here, but knowing my luck, i figured they wouldn't and didn't bother. I don't think they'd get the security clearance ok'd this soon before the show. Countdown is 6 hours 45 minutes to the show.
Fave bands (no particular order): Covenant, VNV Nation, Imperative Reaction, Funker Vogt, God Module, Backandtotheleft, Assemblage 23, more to be added once I get around to it. Oh and Covenant was put first since of course, this is the Covenant forum.

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 21:58

I doubt you'll get a response from that email address before the show. Do you have enough money to get to the venue? If so, i would go early, well before the doors open if possible, and see if you can talk to someone. The tour manager is named Stefan.

--Sharon

Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006, 00:59

I can make it down there MAYBE an hour before the show. What am I suppost to do? Walk in, yell "Stefan!", push past security while telling them I'm there to talk to the tour manager. And if Stefan somehow catches wind and comes over to see what the fuss is, I prompty and powerfully shake his hand and state, "Hi, my name is Andrew, I'm a huge fan of Covenant, and Imperative Reaction. I had no money other than to get down here to the venue, and was hoping I might be able to come in for free?" That's basically what I'd end up saying since that's what it boils down to and i'm a horrible liar, and an even worse pastry chef. (You figure out the pun there.) I mean, just stating that I didn't email in time to apply for the video recording thing, does ruin the whole "Huge Fan" bit, and having money, but just enough to get down there says that I didn't save jack for the show, but in all fairness I didn't know they detoured and were actually making a stop here until a week before the show. Oh well, it just seems hopeless for me, and like i'll have to stand on the sidewalk with cardboard. I don't mind doing that to get in to see one of my all-time fave groups.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cynagen« (19. Oktober 2006, 01:15)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Beruf: Veranstaltungskaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006, 10:21

Well, I would ask Mom or Dad or a friend if one of them could borrow me some money I'll give back next month. ;)

Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006, 12:56

I made it!

My roommates came through for me and loaned me the $20 I needed to get in, which was enough to get in and buy me 2 drinks. KICKASS. So I was already lit to enjoy the show and enjoy the show I did. Eskil got pissed right before Bullet because his mic and headphones were still messed up, and there was a problem with Clas' keyboard not coming through fully/clearly. During Bullet and Tension, that stuff was taken care of and the show went on, there were still some tiny snags here and there, but nothing more to put the show at risk of being cancelled because of the incompetent crew at The Sets. A screwed up mic or something at a rock concert is nothing, nobody gives a shit unless it's lead vocals, in electronica based music, like Covenant, every element is key, and missing a peice, or a whole section in your headset, in Eskil's case, could and prolly would piss somebody off quickly.

Anyways, I'm posting pics here, direct links since they're hosted on my domain. I also got some audio recordings if anyone's interested, I remember somebody asking for a recording of something, so i'm posting direct links to those to, stream or save, they're small so I don't care.

Oh, and Rotersand, was replaced here on the Tempe show with System Syn, so I didn't get to hear what everyone was absolutely raving about, damnit.

Opinions (Don't comment on these, it'll just start flame wars):
System Syn: They were ok.
Imperative Reaction: They sound better on album.
Covenant: Aside from Eskil forgetting/mixing up lyrics in Call The Ships To Port and a few other tmes where he held back a little too long, they played a kickass set. (P.S. Sorry Eskil, I know you read the forums from time to time, please don't be pissed at me, I loved the show, I'm just far too critical, so ignore me please.)

Here's the list of what they played:
(Opening vocals were used to describe different frequencies before they were played through the speakers, it really didn't get through to the crowd that this was the opening for Covenant, but I've had about 3 little birdies tell me from here on the forums that they opened each time with 20Hz, so I was enjoying the belated intro while others yelled that "yeah, we got it, the different frequencies")
20Hz
Feedback
Bullet
Tension remix
Tour de Force
The Men
We Stand Alone
Ritual Noise
Stalker
(Intermission for about 2 minutes before 'encore', you can hear how Joakim left the vocals repeating on his mixing board in Covenant3.mp3 after Stalker, Eskil teased that he did it on purpose and blew their cover for the encore.)
Like Tears In Rain (recognized it instantly as I was listening through my Covenant collection, the intro was the dead giveaway)
Brave New World
Call The Ships To Port
(Intermission for about another 3 minutes before 'final encore', people we actually getting pissed they didn't play Dead Stars and had left, Covenant came back out and finished the set for us)
Dead Stars

Pics are here (No more than 20ft from stage, bad lighting inside, no flash (useless), 2x zoom highly abused for most shots):
Imperative Reaction (All are 640x480):
Imperative Reaction 1
Imperative Reaction 2
Imperative Reaction 3
Imperative Reaction 4
Imperative Reaction 5
Imperative Reaction 6
Imperative Reaction 7
Imperative Reaction 8
Imperative Reaction 9
Imperative Reaction 10
Imperative Reaction 11

Covenant (1-9 are 640x480, rest are 1632x1224):
Covenant 1
Covenant 2
Covenant 3
Covenant 4
Covenant 5
Covenant 6
Covenant 7
Covenant 8
Covenant 9
Covenant 10
Covenant 11
Covenant 12
Covenant 13
Covenant 14
Covenant 15
Covenant 16
Covenant 17
Covenant 18
Covenant 19
Covenant 20
Covenant 21

Audio files: (All are REALLY crappy, you're warned, specs are 16kbps 8kHz, original recordings with phone were 8kHz, so I figured why up a roof for nothing?)
Covenant - 20Hz
Covenant - Feedback, Bullet, Tension remix
Stalker remix

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cynagen« (20. Oktober 2006, 07:48)

Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006, 18:39

Congrats on getting in.

> Aside from Eskil forgetting lyrics in Call The Ships To Port...

That's one thing great thing about Covenant shows: the lyrics are a surprise every single time. ;)

--Sharon

Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006, 20:17

Zitat

Originally posted by Kyron5
Congrats on getting in.

> Aside from Eskil forgetting lyrics in Call The Ships To Port...

That's one thing great thing about Covenant shows: the lyrics are a surprise every single time. ;)

--Sharon

Heh, I guess. I was kinda bent about that actually because Call The Ships To Port is the only song of theirs I can sing completely on key and do the powerful voice parts like at the end. Other than that, the show was freakin awesome, and the close with Dead Stars, a great track overall, it was really a great show.

Social Bookmarks